Electronics and Tele-communication
|HOD Electronics and Tele-communication
|| Dr. Debasis Mishra
|| Associate Professor & H.O.D
Scope of Electronics and Tele-communication Engineering
Electronics, particularly computer usage coupled with recent space age, endeavours has by this time already crept into every sphere of human activities. Every industry, institution & organization feels the need of an Electronics Engineer and a Computer specialist. Advanced countries in the world have gone to such depths of Electronics today that an Electronics Engineer is indispensable in every front. Opportunity in this highly sophisticated and advanced branch of engineering is just immense. Keeping in view the need of the day, the Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Department of VSSUT, BURLA offers quite an attractive up-to-date 4 year B.Tech Degree course, 2 year M.Tech Degree course in Communication System Engineering and PhD in the subject. The students graduated from this department are now well-placed in important National and International organizations. The department is proposing to start a new M.Tech Course in VLSI Signal Processing from next academic session.
The department organized National Conference, Symposia, Seminars, Exhibitions & Short term courses on advanced topics. The students of this department have own distinctions in All India Technical Students Meet for their technical paper presentation.
Developing new ideas in the field of communication to enable students to learn new technologies, assimilate appropriate skills and deliver meaningful services to the global society and improve the quality of life by training them with strength of character, leadership and self-attainment.
- Imparting futuristic technical education to the students.
- Promoting active role of Industry in student curriculum, projects, R&D and placements.
- Organizing collaborative academic and non-academic programmes with institutions of national and international repute for all round development of students.
- Organizing National and International seminars and symposium for exchange of innovation, technology and information.
- Expanding curricula to cater to demands of higher studies in internationally acclaimed institutes.
- Preparing students for promoting self-employment.
- Develop the department as a center of excellence in the field of VLSI and communication technology by promoting research, consultancy and innovation.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- The main objective of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Programme is the upliftment of students through quality technical education.
- These technocrats should be able to apply basic and contemporary science, engineering, experimentation skills to identifying software / hardware problems in the industry and academia and be able to develop practical solutions to them.
- The passing out graduates of the Program should be able to establish themselves as successful practicing professionals in Technology and sustain a bright career in related areas.
- The graduates should be able to use their skills with a strong base to prepare themselves for higher learning.
- Developing problem analysis and solving capability through industrial training and projects.
- Developing communication skills and interpersonal skills and preparing them for providing self-Employments.
The Program Outcomes of Electronics and Telecommunication are:
- An ability to apply basic knowledge of computing, mathematics, science andelectronics engineering fundamentals.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and formulate the solution model.
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a system or model to meet desiredsolutions with appropriate considerations.
- A proficiency to design and carry out experiments, as well as to analyze andinterpret data.
- An ability to use latest techniques, skills and modern tools necessary forupdating knowledge.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals,organizations and society.
- Knowledge of up-to-date issues, problems and possible solutions.
- An understanding of professional, ethical and social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to function effectively with teams on diverseand multidisciplinary issues to accomplish a common goal.
- An ability to communicate effectively with people concerned
- An understanding of engineering and management principles and apply them effectively to manage projects.
- Recognition of need and ability to engage in continuing career development.
HOD, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
VEER SURENDRA SAI UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, Burla, Odisha (INDIA)