|| Dr. Mrs. Sasmita Kumari Padhy
|| Associate Professor & Co-ordinator
The Department of MCA at Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Burla aims to inculcate value-based, socially committed professionalism in the students to the cause of overall development of students and society using a compound metric comprising of:
- Breadth: Knowledge of wide-ranging Computer Science concepts, tools, and mathematical techniques or models, and the capability of applying them to analyze and design complex systems.
- Depth: In-Depth understanding of fundamental theoretical and practical aspects of Computer Science, and the ability to adapt to the ever-changing and challenging global work environment of the 21st century.
- Reasoning: Capability of solving a wide variety of scientific and analytical problems by applying principles of computational paradigms.
- Teamwork: Habits of working effectively and professionally on diverse project ideas and teams.
- Clarity: Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively, both speaking and in writing.
- Integrity: Understanding how to approach social effects of computing ethically and responsibly, and being committed to doing so.
- Learning: Interest in life-long learning, to adapt and shape an technically evolving world.
- Openness: Ability to participate in interdisciplinary collaborations and apply computational methods in new and unfamiliar application domains.
The Department of MCA has a Multi-objective mission:
- To enable students acquire good academic and computational skills and devotion to scientific and technical knowledge.
- To inculcate the values of perseverance, sincerity and honesty.
- To empower them to become socially and economically responsible citizens of this country.
This department envisages to provide an academically strong platform for the aspirants those who not only want
to make a good metier but also to leave an enduring impression in the field of Computer Science. The educational program in
Computer Application calls for an attitude for research, exploration and evaluation to authenticate the work of development of software’s..
Short Term Goals
- To include ethical, moral and value based education system in the institution.
- To improve the students’ academic performances to achieve 100% results.
- To improve campus placements.
- To improve teaching expertise among department faculty.
- To develop product development facilities in the department.
Long Term Goals
- To encourage faculty to indulge in research activities.
- To support/encourage students to become entrepreneurs.
- To encourage faculty to do consultancy activities on IT related products/services.
Scope of a Post Graduate in Computer Application:
After being a post graduate in computer science stream the multifarious opportunities are likely to be explored for becoming a leading professional.
- Associate Software Engineer, IT Analyst, Software Consultant, Software Designer, Jr. Programmer Analyst etc.
- Web Designing and Development, Open source Application Developer, Search Engine Optimization.
- DBA, Data Mining Analyst, Data Visualization Software Engineer, Data Analyst (Reporting/Analytics), Data Scientist – (Data Mining/Big Data, NLP, Sentiment Analysis, Social Media), Database Engineer.
- Data Visualization Software Engineer, Data Warehouse Analyst, Data warehousing data specialist, Application Architect: Business Intelligence, Application Developer: Microsoft BI, Datawarehouse Data Modeler, Business Intelligence (BI) Consultant.
- Performance Test Engineer, Software Engineer Manual Testing, Automation Testing, Java Script Developer.
- Application Support Engineer, IT Infrastructure Support Engineer.
- Certified SAP Freshers – ABAP / CO / PM / MM.
- Web & Graphic Designer, UI Designer, Web Application Designer, Web Designer cum Developer.
- PHP Programmer cum Web Designer, Graphic Designer, Associate Graphics, Web & UI/UX Designer.
- Graphics Designer, Web Designer/HTML, JSS, Photoshop, Flash Designer.
- Radio Network Design Engineer, Network Support Engineer, Telecom Network Engineer.
- Network Security Engineer, Engineer- Network Automation Testing, Network Security & System Administrator
- SEO Analyst, Associate Business Systems Analyst, Junior Research Analyst, Junior QA Analyst,
Junior Research Associate, Financial System Business Analyst. Applications System Designer, Database Design Specialist, Operations Systems Designer, Systems Architect,
- Open VMS Developer, Open GL Developer, PHP Developer, Software Engineer (PHP), Open Source JAVA Developer, Content Manager/Writer/Editor.
The Department of MCA is one of the oldest departments at VSSUT, Burla. It currently offers Postgraduate Degree in Computer Application (MCA). In the growing digital phenomenon all over the world, the MCA program aims at imparting comprehensive knowledge with equal emphasis on theory and practice. It prepares students to take up positions as system analysts, systems designers, Programmers and managers in any field related to information technology. During last 2 decades, this branch produced highly skilled, technically empowered, self motivated professionals (around 600) to serve the humanity both nationally and internationally at par excellence.
The MCA course was started in the University (formerly, UCE) in 1993 with due approval of AICTE, Sambalpur University and Govt. of Orissa, Department of Industries, under self-financed basis. The regular faculty members and lecturers from Mathematics & Humanities departments impart teaching to the students. It is a six semester course leading to a master degree in computer application (MCA). Every year 30 regular students are taken through the Joint Entrance Examination (MCA-JEE), Orissa including 10% Lateral Entry MCA Students starting from 2013-14 session.